Plum is building the most advanced consumer appliance ever created. Transforming the $300 Billion wine industry from the bottle to the glass, in the same way Nespresso and Keurig took coffee from the pot to the cup. The first appliance to deliver automated wine-by-the-glass in luxury hotels and consumer homes, it combines winery-grade wine preservation, integrated refrigeration, artificial intelligence, and a virtual sommelier.
You can find Plum in the guest room of luxury hotels like Four Seasons and Carneros Inn, in retailers like Williams-Sonoma, Bloomingdale’s and Macy’s, and in more than 300 kitchen appliance dealers across the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional supply chain expert who is at a place in their career where they are ready to own the whole function. This product combines tech including a full computer & IC stack, touchscreen and cameras, advanced motorization, gearing, refrigeration, and fluidics.
The right candidate will possess excellent analytical skills, be a very hands-on doer, a self-starter that can handle ambiguity and thrives working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. This position offers you a strong compensation and benefits package, paired with the financial upside of a large stock option grant.
- Identification, development, negotiation and management of existing and future suppliers
- Cost: develop, negotiate and execute a part and assembly cost strategy. Manage and optimize the BOM.
- Cross-functional support: work with Plum’s product development and engineering teams.
- Build Support: lead on-site management of manufacturing partners to lead the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp.
- On time delivery: lead schedule, capacity, inventory control, and supply planning to meet production demand
- Risk Mitigation: evaluation of technical and business risks using data-based analysis and developing sound risk mitigation alternatives.
- Develop production plan based on sales needs and factory capabilities
- Build selection process for manufacturing partners and select the ideal partners
- Responsible for organization of the direct materials factory warehouse and related processes, including internal logistics personnel and equipment
- Champion continuous improvement activities for Supply Chain, including but not limited to; minimizing stock levels, quality processes, and reduction of inventory variances
- 8+ years of experience in supply chain development, sourcing management, or strong mechanical engineering background in product development
- Top-notch analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to switch between strategic and detail orientated thinking
- Tenacious problem solving & issue resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Excellent communication, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing extraordinary objectives
- Hands-on experience in some of the following: mechanical engineering, manufacturing practices/techniques involving CNC Machined parts, sheet metal, enclosures, tooling, fixtures, injection molding, plastic parts, etc.
- Work from anywhere – we are a distributed organization
- Medical, vision & dental plans for employees and their families
- Unlimited time off – we measure performance, not time spent
- 401K plan with company match
- Employee stock option plan